When you bought your timeshare, you may have been told you’ll be able to sell, rent, or exchange it easily if you no longer use it. What you have been told is true, however, no one mentioned the challenges of the selling process and that selling your timeshare at the original purchase price is almost impossible. Finding a buyer is the hardest part of the selling process, and one may easily fall victim to a timeshare resale scam. Although selling a timeshare is not always an easy task, we want you to have the best possible experience. Here are a few tips to sell your unused “vacation time” like a pro:
- Don’t wait till the resale company gets in touch with you. Take initiative, investigate and research yourself.
- Inquire with the resort developer, management company or homeowners' association whether they offer a resale program.
- Watch out for timeshare resale scammers and rip offs, there are several timeshare resale companies to avoid. Avoid paying huge upfront fees (even if there’s the promise of a “money-back guarantee”) and commissions by listing your timeshare in reputable marketplaces. Legitimate fees are typically paid after the sale is concluded. Typically the commission is between 10-50%.
- Although the number of timeshare resales posted on Ebay has been increasing, selling a timeshare can be difficult if you don't advertise in front of the right audience.
- Advertising on timeshare related locations e.g. online timeshare services is the best option to list your timeshare for sale.
Timeshare scams and misleading offers
There is a tremendous amount of timeshare resale scams and rip offs in the timeshare resale industry. It’s important to do your homework on every company you consider listing with. Is there a phone number and an email address available? Is there any legal information available at the bottom of the page including company’s address? When using “free” services, beware the small print about commissions and fees. Also registration via e-mail or fax is outdated and may indicate a scam.
Why sell your timeshare with weholi?
weholi is the world’s first trusted marketplace where timeshare owners can list their unused vacation weeks to a global audience without huge commissions or resale scams. You set the price, pay no commissions, and avoid costly exchange services. Vacationers on the weholi resort vacation marketplace are actively searching for exclusive timeshare resales by owners every day. In addition to that, you benefit from our professional marketing and concierge services, and get access to exclusive deals and discounts. Timeshare owners can choose among three membership types. Learn more here.
Got questions or need help with creating your listing? Give us a call to talk to our vacation concierge or contact us via Live-Chat.
Join weholi today and benefit. Register as Guest Member, it is free.
Set your own price and get 100% of rental income. No broker, no middleman, no commissions and no hidden fees. Negotiate directly with renters. Get professional advertising online and across social media. Access Member-exclusive deals and discounts.
Tip: Post your timeshare for rent while selling.